BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

13. A Month From Today

I promised I won't cry. Of course, I won't. 
What's a few days in a lifetime?
But seeing you on the hard, glowing surface, 
What will I do when I want to touch you? 
Reach out and brush my fingertips...
Only to meet the hardness, unwanted.
What shall I do, when the urge builds
To gather you in my arms, and not let go?
Every moment spent away from you, wasted
Every moment built towards when I'll next hear your voice
Every moment passed brings nearer the continents between us
On another side of the world, you will be
Me joining you there seems so far
Of course I won't cry, What's there to cry?
But what shall I do, when I miss you?
When I yearn for you?
When I need you here?
Over-reaction you'll say. I think so too.
But tell that to my heart, that never listens to my mind
Keeps feeling what need not be felt.
I know the logic, the practical of life.
But I never understand how to be away from you, and survive.


P.S. Words flow when it's about you. But never are enough for what is in me. Just wondering and thinking about today and the date, a month from now. 

0 comments: